As a voice for Caribbean media outside the basin and the Caribbean Diaspora, globally, CCI aims to educate, entertain and enlighten all that is Caribbean through bridging cultural gaps using media. We are driven to advance Caribbean culture through:
- Promoting and encouraging public interest in the culture, arts, music, news and other events of the Caribbean and its people;
- Presenting and broadcasting documentaries, news stories and other programs of civic, cultural, educational, entertainment nature by means of radio, television, cable television and other communications media;
- Producing, distributing and syndicating dramatic and non dramatic theatrical, cinematic, video, tape, film, audio, motion picture shows and programs pertaining to the history, culture and current events of the Caribbean and developing countries around the world;
- Developing quality print publications focused on Caribbean affairs and its Diaspora throughout the world, the impact on the culture and how Caribbean nationals are impacting their community.
CCI’s vision is to become a premiere organization that serves as a:
1) One-stop shop and umbrella organization for Caribbean news, media, culture and lifestyles in the United States
2) Prime resource for information gathering as it relates to anything Caribbean, Caribbean American and the Caribbean Diaspora communities and;
3) Bridge between cultures through the universal tools of radio and media.
In the near future, we plan to transition Caribbeana.org as a live internet radio station. In the long run, we plan to establish the acquisition and ownership of Caribbeana as aland-based radio station in the United States. At this time, the programming will have over 95 percent of Caribbean-focused content. Production of content will include, but not be limited to, news broadcasting, music, interviews and documentaries.